Friday 1 October 2010

Everest base camp trek

I've bought my iodine, high energy snacks, toilet paper (nothing is provided!), and a bag of 'maoam' sweets in case I need a psychological boost, and hired a down sleeping bag that goes down to -20C, so I think I'm ready to go!

We leave tomorrow, flying to Lukla, then on from there. Should reach base camp by Monday week, and back to Kathmandu the Friday after (it's much easier coming down as you don't have to stop to acclimatise to the altitude). There won't be any chances for me to update until I get back, but I really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stuart!

    Wit great interest, I read your blog with your adventures on the EBC trek. I'm planning to do the same trek next month. I'll be flying to Kathmandu on March 15th. I was wondering if you could let me know how much this trek costs (approx.)? I will be travelling alone, so I hope that doesn't make it more expensive!

    Kind regards from Belgium

    Brecht

    ReplyDelete